Nancy's Notebook

Thursday, March 20, 2014

 

Springtime Renewal--Women of Joy!


I am so excited to join the 2014 Women of Joy  "Beyond Beauty"  tour and share this Beauty message with you gals around the country! 
As you may know True beauty, seeing yourself as God sees you, is the message of my heart!  Probably because it's taken me so long to get here.  It's been a life-long search and long, hard journey to finally get to the place where I believe that I'm worth something, that I have value, that I'm beautiful in any way. 

Trust me, no one would have used the word 'pretty' to describe me growing up.  I was insecure and painfully shy.  Teased, taunted, and rejected, I felt inadequate, unworthy, and ugly and carried that self-image all the way into adulthood. 

Then I got into modeling and acting----AAGH!!!  Was I completely nuts??!!

For 30 years now I’ve enjoyed a career as an actress In TV series and films.  I’ve modeled in New York and been in the Miss America pageant.  But what I know most about beauty has nothing to do with my profession.

Quite the opposite.

What I know about beauty comes from God healing my wounded heart and showing me who I really am in Him.   And I want you to see who you really are in Christ—to see yourself as God sees you!   My prayer for you is that you will grasp the depth of God’s love for you, embrace your unique beauty and see the beauty of others.

God wants to set us free from envy and comparisons with others.  He wants to set us free from trying to live up to the impossible, unattainable, air-brushed media images bombarding us.  And He wants to set us free from the lies of our past that tell us that we're 'not enough'.


Beauty has been a big part of my life.  I've experienced both its pain and promise. As  a homely, gawky girl growing up it eluded me.    As a model in New York it seduced me.  As an actress in Hollywood its importance and influence distresses me.  And as a woman who loves God, the power of true beauty staggers me!   

True Beauty is Beauty by the Book.   It's the beauty God sees, He cares about, AND that He bestows on us because of our relationship with His son, Jesus.   Healing in my life continues to come as He replaces the lies I've believed with the truth of His Word which tells me how He sees me and who I am becoming in Him.   It's amazing!  He truly changes how we see ourselves!


How can you feel inadequate or unworthy when your Heavenly Father says:
I have chosen you; you belong to me (1 Peter 2:9)
I have given you a crown of beauty instead of ashes (Is 61:3)
You are accepted in the beloved (Romans 15:7)



How can you feel shame when the King of Kings says:
I  have redeemed your past (Gal 3:13)
I have called you by a new name (Isaiah 62:2)

I have wrapped you in a robe of righteousness (Is 61:10) 


How can you feel 'less than' or invisible when the God of the Universe says:
You are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14)
I will never leave you or forsake you (Psalm 27:10)
I love you with an everlasting love! (Jeremiah 31:3)



And that's just a few of the hundreds of promises!  The Bible is full of God's opinion of you, how much He treasures you and who He has made you to be.   So look in the true mirror---the Mirror of God’s Word—and see yourself as He sees you--fearfully and wonderfully made and Truly Beautiful! 

I've come a long way in this journey---and I’m still learning who I am in Christ every single day.  Let's grow in this together!   How about it?   I can’t wait to see many of you gorgeous gals at Women of Joy!   


Click here for more information and to Register for Women of Joy!  Hope to see you there!  

Remember who you are!
Love,  Nancy        www.nancystafford.com



Your turn:  What verses and promises help you see yourself as He sees you? Which one brings you the most affirmation and encouragement.    Post your comments here: 


Comments:
Dear Nancy, I just started to read your book "Beauty by the book"
thank you so much for sharing your Story and way with our Lord Jesus Christ!
God bless you!

Monika
 
Dear Nancy, I just started to read your book "Beauty by the book"
thank you so much for sharing your Story and way with our Lord Jesus Christ!
God bless you!

Monika
 
Hey there Miss Nancy:) just wanted to say hello; my friend Wendy Taylor met you on a recent flight and asked you about memorizing Scripture. I am getting ready to release a book about memorizing in my blog shop opening soon, Anyway, I love what you're doing and praying the Lord blesses your upcoming book and tour!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

November 2009   December 2009   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   October 2010   December 2012   July 2013   March 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]